We design a customized audit plan that concentrates on the business areas significant to your financial statements and that are critical to your risk profile. We create value that makes a real difference to our client’s business. Quality audits that bring unexpected and far-reaching benefits do not come from an unthinking compliance mindset but from a knowledgeable, questioning, imaginative and insightful approach.
The result is not only an efficient audit – it is also one that we believe will be effective. Our early identification of business and control vulnerabilities and opportunities makes it possible for us to focus our audit effort on those areas of greatest risk. Our view of our clients’ organizations is broad and deep, and we look behind the numbers to consider what they mean for the business as a whole. We use the audit to explore and think more widely about our clients’ businesses and the potential issues they face. This understanding enables us to offer new solutions to our clients’ problems, to help them learn from what has happened and prepare them for, or better still help them avoid, issues in the future
The important features of our audit approach include:
- Audit methodology and documentation approach: our methodology, approach and knowledge and technology tools enable our professionals to deliver a consistent, high-quality audit.
- Excellence in audit execution: to train our teams to appropriately apply our audit methodology and tools, we have developed an intensive client-by-client training approach that we call “Audit Quality”.
- Commitment to quality and controls: the responsibility for the quality of our audits rests with each of our audit partners and every member of our client teams. Their personal commitment to compliance with the highest professional ethics, standards and our firm’s quality controls is the foundation of our commitment to professional excellence.
Risk, governance and internal control have never been higher on the boardroom agenda as the board faces growing pressure from stakeholders. Internal Audit should play a critical role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance that protects the business against risk, informs strategic decision making and improves overall performance. However, many boards are not getting optimum value from Internal Audit and are potentially exposing themselves to major risks.
FMC’s Internal Audit specialists help boards benefit from an enhanced Internal Audit function that provides better value for money and increased assurance. Our key strength is that we not only ensure clients gain access to our extensive experience and knowledge of best practice as leading Internal Audit Services providers, but also provide access to sector specialists who know your industry and its technical risk areas.
- Benchmarking Internal Audit performance
- Transformational change strategies
- Advising on optimum resourcing models
- Providing co-sourcing/outsourcing services
- Improving the quality, productivity and value of in-house services
- Enhancing Internal Audit methodologies to improve audit execution
- Advising on and supporting audit technology selection and implementation
- Developing and delivering training plans.